Non-League Day - 04.09.10 - Support your local team
Reasons to visit your local non-league team
- Knowledgeable fans who love their football: not afraid to tell their players, the opponents and officials what they think of them - you’re bound to find one who agrees with you too.
- Experience a unique closeness to the action: see the whites of the players’ eyes, feel the crunch of their tackles and hear the crack of their shots
- Get value for your money: thrills and spills, a match programme, raffle ticket, a cuppa. pint or glass of house white, chat and banter won’t even cost you a Bobby Moore
- Marvel at the green baize: admire a playing surface - paid for, this year, by the fans - that sorts out the deft from the donkeys
- Join the half-time rush for refreshments: enjoy a warm welcome at the bar, but beware of the burger van’s industrial strength condiments and pneumatic dispensers
- Accessible owners: see the directors through the boardroom windows and watch how warmly they greet fans and matchday volunteers
- Leave the ground richer than when you came in: whether it’s from watching a game to warm the heart, making new friends or winning the Golden Goal cash prize
Website now up with fixtures. There is a team near you playing on Saturday 4th September and it won’t cost a lot to see them.